Let’s take a look at one of Nintendo’s greatest mobile game consoles, the Gameboy Advance! Chunky bass, fuzzy drums, and smooth, buttery strings. Soundtracks on the system are fantastic, though the machine’s hardware made it difficult for everything to sound as clean as it could. So let’s dig in, find some diamonds in the rough, and enjoy the music of the Nintendo Gameboy Advance!
We’re joined by Michael Bridgewater, of the VGM podcast Forever Sound Version, to help us find the greatest tracks. We talk about European/North American game localization, jungle massive music, and some demoscene bits as well! It’s always a blast having Michael on the show, we think you’ll have a good time too!
You can listen to Michael’s podcast Forever Sound Version right here, it’s so good! https://foreversoundversion.wordpress.com/
Also, Michael is active in the C64 demoscene, check out his tracks under the moniker Mibri right here. You won’t be disappointed. https://soundcloud.com/mibric64
For the past few years, Michael has been streaming a 24 hour gaming marathon for charity! Playing the absolute strangest-of-the-strange to raise money for the UK organization Freedom From Torture https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/weirdgames2019
- Red Canyon – F-Zero Climax – Gameboy Advance – Kenji Hikita
- Forest Overworld – Bomberman Tournament – Gameboy Advance – Koichi Seiyama, Jun Chikuma
- Intermission – Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars – Gameboy Advance – Tatsuya Fujiwara, Susumu Nakamura
- BGM #02 – Ace Combat Advance – Gameboy Advance – András Kövér
- America Tutorial – Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi: Kaznapped – Gameboy Advance – Tomoyoshi Sato
- The Purgatory Arena – Castlevania Aria of Sorrow – GBA – Michiru Yamane
- Sector 1 (Metroid Fusion) – Metroid Metal
- ACDC Town (Megaman Battle Network) – InsaneintheRainMusic
- Sensei’s Theme (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising) – The Consouls
- Sky Bridge (Final Lap) – Konami Krazy Racers – Gameboy Advance – Tomoya Tomita