We listen to video game music with brass instruments, front and center. This means trombones, saxophones, and trumpets! Expect music from across the game console spectrum, from the SNES to the Sega Saturn, we’ve got it!
Joining us this week is composer, sound designer, and trombonist Mitchel Wong! He talks about his love game music, his new project Kine, and we get deep into RPG and fighting game talk!
Find more at mitchelwongaudio.com
Learn more about his upcoming game Kine, developed by Gwen Frey.
- Rusty Bucket Bay – Banjo Kazooie – N64 – Grant Kirkhope
- Bravo Company – Opoona – Wii – Hitoshi Sakimoto, Noriyuki Kamikura, Masaharu Iwata, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Kimihiro Abe, Manabu Namiki
- Hey Cid! – Final Fantasy 4 – SNES – Nobuo Uematsu
- The Tense Teacher – Incredible Crisis – PSX – Tokyo Ska Orchestra
- Little Did They Sleep – The Banner Saga – Xbox, PS4, Switch – Austin Wintory
- Jazzy Sabotage- Guardian Heroes – Sega Saturn – Katsuhiko Suzuki, Norio Hanzawa
- Mii Channel Ska Style – Ska Tune Network
- Sharp Eyes (Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact) – The Consouls
- In The Bar (Streets of Rage 2) – The Consouls
- King DeeDeeDe’s Theme – Super Smash Bros. – N64 – Yoko Shimomura