When I think of shmups, I think of grazing bullets, exploding pop-corn, 1CC’s, and the STG bible: The Full Extend of the Jam. But let’s get into the music! We’re joined by VGM rock-MASTER Chris Baines to share our favorite 2D shooter music! He shares his love of all things Gradius, and we get into how there’s so many awesome jazz-licks in these games. Wait are you waiting for? ENEMY APPROACHING!
Do not MISS! Check out Chris Baines Music! Creative adaptations and arrangements of classic VGM with the highest standard of quality!
- Stage 1 – Super R-Type – Super Nintendo – Yasuhiro Kawakami, Takushi Hiyamuta, Hiroshi Kimura
- Holo Genjin – Air Zonk – TurboGrafx 16 – Daisuke Morishima, Hihashi Matsushita
- Desperate School (Alternate Version) – ESP Ra De – Arcade – Masahiro Kusunoki
- Penta – Radiant Silvergun – Sega Saturn – Hitoshi Sakimoto
- Wings of Fate – Caldrius Blaze – Playstation 4 – Manubu Namiki, Yoshimi Kudo, Azusa Chiba
- Dirty City – Sonic Wings 3 – NeoGeo CD – Hoso-Q
- Burning Heat 3 Option Mix – DDR Max 2 – Arcade – Mrt. T with Motoaki Furukawa
- Twinbee Theme – RockAnime
- Warning – Toho Euro Flash Vol. 2 (Touhou 11 Subterranean Animism, Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom)
- Jaws (NES) Metal Cover Medley – Chris Baines Music
- Stage 3 – Scorpius – X68000 – Norio Nakagata, Yusuke Takahama