This week on the show we’re looking at the music on handheld games that were ports from newer generation hardware!
There was a time in gaming history when much older consoles existed along side the newest ones. This is where polygons meet the pixels, and “high-quality audio” gets translated to programmable sound generators! So strap in and get ready for a crazy ride!
- Decisive Battle – Final Fantasy VI Advance – Game Boy Advance – Nobuo Uematsu
- Theme 3 – Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 – Game Boy Color – Kiyoshi Kusatsu, Yoshio Watanabe
- Main Theme – Blaster Master Boy – Game Boy – Shinichi Seya
- Title Theme – Test Drive 6 – Game Boy Color – Unknown
- Napalm Man – Mega Man 4 – Game Boy – Kouji Murata
- Building 2 – G. G. Shinobi II The Silent Fury – Game Gear – Yuzo Koshiro, Motohiro Kawashima
- Planet Scorch, Busy Flare (Ristar) – Greyvoice
- Sagat – Street FIghter II – Game Boy – Isao Abe
- Type B – Yoshi’s Cookie – Gameboy – Noriko Nishizaka