HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Grab your keyboards let’s celebrate all the great things Yamaha did for classic game consoles and computer systems! We focus strictly on FM synth music composed for games, particularly anything with big chunky bass and funked up keyboard leads!
We are joined this week by FM synth aficionado, Ed! Not only is he an avid admirer for the synths, he is the co-host of the excellent demo-scene podcast The Impulse Project. AND the co-host of the also excellent VGM podcast PixelTunes Radio! Also be sure to check out his VGM archives at this super fantastic link right here at ffshrines.
- Stage 1 – Bleed Out Sakuretsu – Sharp X68000 – Unknown
- Catch the Step – Misty Blue – PC-88 – Yuzo Koshiro
- The Strange Step All Night Dancing Bunny Cheerleader’s Assaulting Trumpet Resounds! – Dragon Half – PC-98 – Tadahiro Nitta
- Don’t Miss the Offender! (Stage 5) – Gang Busters – Arcade – Shinji Tasaka, Motoaki Furukawa, Seiichi Fukami, Shigemasa Matsuo
- Scarab of Glory No. 3 – The Hybrid Front – Mega Drive – Naofumi Hataya
- Dungeon – Sword of Vermillion – Genesis – Hiroshi Kawaguchi, Yasuhiro Takagi
- Beach (Plok) – Savaged Regime
- Dating Start FM Remix – Coda
- Mega Man 7 Turbo Man Sega Genesis Remix – TheLegendofRenegade
- We Love the E-A-R-T-H (Self Remake Version) – ChoRenSha 68K – Sharp X68000 – Ruzarin Kashiwagi