This week is all about fighting games produced by SNK. We discover hard rock, smooth jazz, euro-beat, and even early 90s positive-rap! The Bonus-Round is OFF THE HOOK, you can’t miss this one!
Helping us make sense of it all, we’re joined by VGM expert and podcast master: Ed Wilson! (The VGMbassy, Impulse Project, PixelTunes Radio) Ed brings the class this show desperately needed! His vast knowledge of game systems, hardware, and composers… and we just sing silly songs and crack jokes.
- Sunrise on the Train – Garou: Mark of the Wolves – Neo Geo – Masato Horiuchi (HORI HORI), Yasuhiro Naka, Akahiro Uchida, OKAN, and Q_Jiro
- Cool Jam – The King of Fighters R1 – Neo Geo Pocket Color – SNK Soundteam (Takushi Hiyamuta “HIYA!”, “yone”, “USAKO”, “MARIMO”, Hideyuki Ashizawa “ASSHY”)
- Antenna Stage – Neo Geo Battle Colosseum – Neo Geo – SNK Sound Team (Yasumasa Yamada head composer)
- Fin of Invincibility (Halford’s Theme) – Samurai Shodown 2019- PlayStation 4 – Hideki Asanaka, Mayuko Hino, Naoki Kita, and Minori Sasaki, Akihiro Nakazawa and Daisuke Mori from NorthSound, and Kensuke Inage and Jun Hoshina (Samurai Musicians)
- Sho’s Theme – Breakers Revenge – Neo Geo – Kenichi Kamio
- KoF 2002 – Diamond Dust – Kula Diamond’s Theme by the SNK Sound Team ( Masahiko Hataya)
- “Show Time!” from NEO GEO Guys Song Collection CD – Composition & Arrangement: SNK Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan, Vocals: Kong Kuwata, Satoshi Hashimoto, Kouji Ishii, Harumi Ikoma, Mami Kingetsu, Akoya Sogi, Lyrics: MOMO
- Kiss Me (Theme of Blue Mary Arranged) – Fatal Fury 3 Arranged – Yukifumi Makino (Macky)
- Blue Mary Blues – Full Band (KoF ‘97) – The Consouls
- Psycho Soldier Remix 97 – King of Fighters R-21 – Neo Geo Pocket Color -SNK Soundteam (Takushi Hiyamuta “HIYA!”, “yone”, “USAKO”, “MARIMO”, Hideyuki Ashizawa “ASSHY”)